Friday, April 8, 2011

Burger or Pizza?

You've probably heard about Auntie Pearl's Pizza. You have probably heard that their burger patties are humongous. You have probably even tried their burger. But have you tried their pizza?

Auntie Pearl's has been open for I guess less than a year but boy, aren't they already so popular among students and LB locals! What I really find funny is that the place is called Auntie Pearl's Pizza and yet about 90% of the people I asked about the place recommended their burger. You ask them about the pizza and what you'll probably get is "Oh. Yeah. I heard it's great, too, but you should try their burger! Man that's a monster!" or "I've been meaning to try their pizza. Perhaps the next time I drop by I'll finally give it a try. But have I already mentioned that their burger patty is probably the biggest in LB?" It's no surprise then that that's the first thing I tried. And that's how I confirmed it. Their patties are indeed humongous! And perfectly cooked. And beefy. But you've probably heard about that already. To tell you honestly, I am not a burger person so I guess I'll just leave it to the others to tell you of the legendary burger of Auntie Pearl's Pizza. Because personally, I think their pizza deserves its place on the signboard.


Pepperoni and Mushroom Pizza with Jalapeno Pepper




Since we haven't really heard much about the pizza (and it was just a spur of the moment thing that we decided to spend a cozy LB afternoon at the place), I, my boyfriend, and our good friend Patrick who, by the way, frequents the place for the reasonably priced beer and good fellas of Auntie Pearl's more than their burger or their pizza, opted for the teeny tiny solo pizza above. It was a mistake my boyfriend had to pay for later by ordering another one, of a different flavor, and then treating me out to a 12" pizza two days after. 




Sausage, Garlic, and Hot Pepper Pizza with Jalapeno (We really like it hot!)

Needless to say, it blew us away. The thickness of the crust is perfect. It's a bit chewy but not tough and it's flavor is not overpowered by any of the toppings. They don't skimp on the cheese either. For me, it rivals the mainstream and more expensive pizzas out there. The price may not be very student friendly, especially if you get hooked, but the experience is worth saving for. I recommend the pepperoni and mushrooms pizza for those who like their pizza simple like me. And if you're going to the place for the first time, the first thing you have to remember is that you shouldn't be hulk hungry because the food does take a while to arrive. Some people may not be patient enough for that but personally I think the time they take to get the food perfect is very understandable. Also, don't expect to get five-star service. You are in LB for crying out loud! Loosen up! The next thing you have to keep in mind is that the solo pizza is not for adults. It's for toddlers! Better bring 2 or three of your friends and order 12" instead. You won't leave unsatisfied.

I'll probably be writing more about the food from this place but for the meantime, here's a shortlist of the things I think you should try:

Lasagna - The balance of flavors is great. It'll teach you a thing or two about what lasagna should really be.

Ice cold beer with their frozen mugs - Yup. They have frozen mugs in Auntie Pearl's! Have a bottle with your pizza if you can handle alcohol like a real eLBiyan. You can't go wrong with pizza and beer!

Onion rings - A bit pricey but it's unlike any other in LB.

Burger - Do I still need to describe it?


How to find it:
Ask your classmates or friends. Haha! Just kidding. It's located near Baan Thai and Ellen's Fried Chicken in Demarses. It's on your left when your facing Ellen's.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for posting an excellent review of our resto. i appreciate it very much. see you around...ciao, auntie pearl & uncle frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU! Your place deserves the review po. Good food all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete