Friday, April 1, 2011

How Do You Pronounce Heavenly Pastries?

It's been just, what, 3 or 5 years since they started selling chocolate chip cookies by grams and yet Micha's bakeshop has already carved its niche in the LB food scene. From simple but oh-so-yummy choc chip cookies they are now selling pastries and cakes from their famed cream puffs to dark and moist chocolate cakes. Their pastries may be more expensive than the other bakeshops that sell pan de sal but each bite is guaranteed to satisfy your craving for home-baked goodies.

I am definitely a regular customer but I got into trying their blueberry muffin just recently. I am not a big fan of muffins but this one had me running back to the store for another one.



It is moist plus gooey in the middle. The balance of sweetness and creaminess is simply perfect.  It's best paired with cafe americano on cool mornings or frozen yogurt on hot LB summer days.


Each muffin costs P30 and may not be fit to have everyday especially if you're living on a student budget. I guess it's something to treat yourself to when you finally got yourself to come to class early, got a perfect 10 in your Bio3 quiz, finally finished writing all those library cards, or just because you feel like it.

I am not really sure how Micha's is pronounced since a lot of my friends pronounce it Mai-Ka's while I personally think it should be read as it is spelled. However you wish to pronounce it, Micha's bakeshop's pastries probably mean only one thing for the rest of LB and that is "Heavenly pastries!"

No comments:

Post a Comment